Buxton lime firm are part of Derbyshires limekilns, set-up in 1901 to serve the quarry on the southside of the valley.
BLF owned 1522 acres of land, 89 lime kilns, 21 large stone crushers and 3 collieries. They produced 360,000 tons of limestone and 280,000 tons of lime per year and dominated the industry in Derbyshire, between 1895 and 1915 a further 9 quarrys were either started or brought and a limekiln building programme started.
During WW11 many kilns were decommissioned as they could not conform with the strict black out regulations. They relyed almost totally upon rail transport until its closure in 1956, hens all the metel debris.